Monday, January 23, 2012

What's next?

I'm not sure how many re-writes its gonna take on WITH CHILD to perfect this. I'm very happy with what I have. While not perfect....no first draft EVER is.....to me it the solidest thing I have ever written. Everything makes sense, no plot holes......some dialogue changes are needed, but I don't know how I can tighten it up anymore than it is. It's very short, very compact. Not a big cast, not a lot of settings. Hell, it's something I could film on a shoestring budget given some talented FX makeup and some cool camera tricks!

So this one is going off to some contests, that's for sure.

I contained my self really well on this one. No wild tangents, no weird scenes that are Lynchian as I call them....save for one small one that really is kind of out there...I will NOT remove it.

Since I love to write, I am diving straight into another feature screenplay just for the hell of it. Let's face it I'm never gonna sell anything.  VEA is back on hold because I think someone beat me to the punch on it...waiting to find out for sure before I continue with that one.

I'm going back to what I love. I'm opening the floodgates of my sick perverted mind and going back to the trash cinema movies that I grew up with and love so much. This will be the sickest, vulgarest, violent, bloody,  twisted,  vilest thing I have come up with. Going to the extreme with the next one.  Over the top violence, gore, beatings, sex, rape, be-headings, disembowelment, drugs, drinking, swearing, torture, more gore, revenge, revenge, revenge and revenge...all in a historical setting of the U.S.A.


Think the BABYCART series of films from Japan and you might get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment