Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Strange South Korean movie has even me stumped!!

Bi-mong (a.k.a. DREAM) from South Korea. Bizarre art house film that has me even stumped right now after watching it. Starts off like a "normal" movie. A man dreams of getting into a car accident, only to realize that as he dreamed said accident, a young woman had the accident. They find out that as he dreams, she sleepwalks and acts out his dreams. About half way through the movie, things get truly strange. Not David Lynch absurd strange.....just strange...and the ending has me mystified. Usually I am smart enough to figure it out or have a glimmer of interpretation....not here. At least not now...I'm clueless on this one!  I know there is a higher meaning to this...I just can not put the pieces in it's place. The butterfly through out the movie must symbolize something....damn it!!! I just can not place it!!! The scenes of the main character slicing his leg open, sticking pins in his head, and beating his feat with a hammer are so over the top, they are kind of funny in a grotesque way!

Now I'm gonna watch a strange little movie from Japan.....TOHO's  MATANGO..ATTACK OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE. After last night's movie and now this last one....I need some silly 
tokusatsu to lighten the mood up a little!!

No comments:

Post a Comment