Sunday, January 8, 2012

What a wasted night.

I remember back in 1990 (or somewhere about that) watching this awesome mecha movie from Japan while in college at Pittsburgh..Being a huge fan of Japanese cinema (and back then even more with the mecha and kaiju stuff, not so much today...well maybe kaiju still) It was obvious I would love this. It had state of the art special effects, a really cool post cyberpunk type of setting, a bad ass robot / tank thing, a tough as nails female lead (played by an American actress...go figure), and kind of a mess of a story. But that didn't matter cause all the above made it work.

Flash forward to tonight.....January 8, 2012.....my daughter had been up sick most of the night. My wife was tired from lack of sleep...I was tired from work.....usually we try to watch a movie together (the two of us) well that did not work......

So i went into the vault of some really old movies that I have on DVD....looking in the Japan pile of things I found said movie...titled  GANHEDDO (GUNHED). (1989). I thought..hell I remember how I loved this.

Good damn what a heaping pile of crap this movie is now!!!!Shitty special effects, terrible acting from American AND Japanese actors.....the robot / tank looks like something from the TERMINATOR franchise, the female lead is TERRIBLE and the story is even WORSE than I remembered it......

What a pisser when you watch a movie some 20 years later and realize "How fucking stupid was I back then?" LOL

It did bring back some memories though.

Needless to say I did not get a word of writing done tonight.....what a shame...I was on a roll for three days straight and then I ran into a wall.....I'll be back at it tomorrow for sure!!!

1 comment:

  1. ...and I know sometimes we can look back at an old movie....think its bad and still love / laugh with it.....but this....this just made me cringe. I wanted a gun to shoot the TV.....but being stubborn with movies I completed it. There are very few movies I have turned off / walked out of.

    ReplyDelete